WastedTimes
A Tribute to SameOLSam & The Limneos Forum

RegisterRegister 
It is currently Thu 02 May, 2024
All times are UTC - 5 Hours
DirectX 9.L will be a DirectX 10 for Windows XP

Users browsing this topic: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
aiolos
VIP Member
VIP Member

DirectX 9.L will be a DirectX 10 for Windows XP
Reply to topic Reply with quote Go to the bottom
PostPosted: Tue 17 Oct, 2006

M$ has repeatedly said that DX-10 will be a Vista-only feature an that it's technically impossible to implement it in Win-XP. There's a story on Inquirer (not the most reliable source) that says otherwise. It would be a good thing if it's true.

WE MANAGED TO glean a few facts about the upcoming DirectX 9.0 L we told you about here.

DirectX 9.0 L is simply a renamed and refurbished DirectX 10 for Windows XP. It will make DirectX 10 games to work on Windows XP.

And games such as the upcoming Crysis won't work on the existing DirectX 9.0 c. they need a DirectX 9.0 L

One of the biggest issues is the fact that Nvidia or ATI won't have any mainstream or entry-level cards until at least mid- to end of Q1 2007. This suggests that if Vista tips up around the beginning of the year, gamers will be turned off by it.

Electronic Arts, the publisher of Crysis, wants to sell hundreds or thousands, even millions of copies and we doubt that Nvidia can produce and sell that many Geforce 8800 GTX and GTS cards.

It will be interesting to see whether the Windows XP Crysis will be different from the Vista ones.
VIP Member
VIP Member

(No subject)
PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct, 2006

Inquirer is a site of rumors, some maybe true & some may not. As far as Crysis goes, that game is DirectX9 not 10, they even did the demo in one of the shows using the current generation DX9 cards.
Grim
Forum Administrators
Forum Administrators

(No subject)
PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct, 2006

It has been learnt recently that DirectX 9.0L is for backwards compatibility in Dx9.0 games using Longhorn aka Vista since it uses Dx10.

There will be no directX 10 for WinXP, they want us to upgrade to Vista for only $999,000.99. Laughing

aiolos
VIP Member
VIP Member

(No subject)
PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct, 2006

pakigang @ Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:17 am wrote:
Inquirer is a site of rumors, some maybe true & some may not. As far as Crysis goes, that game is DirectX9 not 10, they even did the demo in one of the shows using the current generation DX9 cards.

You are wrong. Crysis is a DX10 game. It will probably have a fallback DX9 path as Crytek wants to sell more than 10 copies of the game...

Check out some screenshots :
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=447230

And some new videos:
http://www.crysis-online-files-2.com/video/SD/[Crysis-Online]%20G80%20Crysis%20Flythrough.wmv

http://www.crysis-online-files-2.com/video/SD/[Crysis-Online]%20G80%20Crysis%20Gameplay.wmv
   Board Index
   -> Open Discussion, Open Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]

Jump to: