WastedTimes
A Tribute to SameOLSam & The Limneos Forum

RegisterRegister 
It is currently Sun 05 May, 2024
All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Google 'will be able to keep tabs on us all'

Users browsing this topic: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
hbgator
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Google 'will be able to keep tabs on us all'
Reply to topic Reply with quote Go to the bottom
PostPosted: Fri 03 Nov, 2006

The internet will hold so much digital data in five years that it will be possible to find out what an individual was doing at a specific time and place, an expert said yesterday.
Nigel Gilbert, a professor heading a Royal Academy of Engineering study into surveillance, said people would be able to sit down and type into Google "what was a particular individual doing at 2.30 yesterday and would get an answer".

The answer would come from a range of data, for instance video recordings or databanks which store readings from electronic chips. Such chips embedded in people's clothes could track their movements. He told a privacy conference the internet would be capable of holding huge amounts of data very cheaply and patterns of information could be extracted very quickly. "Everything can be recorded for ever," he said.

He was speaking at a conference at which a report commissioned by Richard Thomas, the privacy watchdog, was launched. Mr Thomas has said Britain is "waking up to a surveillance society that is all around us" and that such "pervasive" surveillance is likely to spread.

Sir Stephen Lander, the head of the Serious Organised Crime Agency (Soca) and former head of MI5, defended surveillance by the government.

"Significant intrusion into the privacy of a small minority is justified to protect the safety and wellbeing of the majority," he said.
Forum Administrators
Forum Administrators

(No subject)

Hmm, sounds like crap to me, they may know what peoples browsing habits etc are but how is Google gonna be able to track/provide information about the time I went to the toilet and took a dump unless I blog it and Googles robot caches it. Laughing

aiolos
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Google 'will be able to keep tabs on us all'

They have the search engine, gmail, IM application and some other stuff. I read that they'll also provide profiles on politicians for the next american elections. Who knows what they'll do next. They are getting powerful and fast. I don't really like all that.
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

(No subject)
PostPosted: Sun 05 Nov, 2006

Grim @ Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:53 am wrote:
Hmm, sounds like crap to me, they may know what peoples browsing habits etc are but how is Google gonna be able to track/provide information about the time I went to the toilet and took a dump unless I blog it and Googles robot caches it. Laughing

The "Google Toilet Security... ". You'll have to start checking for 2 way mirrors
and hidden CAMs in the toilet... those same people that are doing the up-skirt
videos now have real jobs... LOL

They will be moving up in the world, performing a pubic injustice for Google, gathering
data on turd color, size, shape, frequency of visit, and demographics on the defecator.
(fuxxing bean counters... creating more useless jobs for themselves... 'turd metrics')

Back to top Personal Gallery of jkf
Grim
Forum Administrators
Forum Administrators

(No subject)
PostPosted: Sun 05 Nov, 2006

Bugger, maybe they'll pick up on the scent of the turd too!

New sales pitch:
"Google is now proud to present: Google WC Search, never before has a fresh turd been so easy to find using the www search engine. (Coming soon - Pee colour and ammonia content detector)"

Board Index
   -> Open Discussion, Open Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]

Jump to: